icelandair_75_ara_1942.jpg

Scheduled flights begin

1942

In spring 1942, Icelandars were delighted to acquire their first twin-engine aircraft. It was a conventional 8-seat Beechcraft D-18, and its arrival heralded the start of regular scheduled flights. It flew from Reykjavík to Akureyri, Egilsstadir and Hornafjörður.

After the demise of Haförninn until the summer of 1944, the Beechcraft was Flugfélag Íslands only aircraft.